Ministry of Education & Sport Branch approved External Credits Sport Program
Gain coaching skills, volunteer experience and school credit!
The Richmond Oval Summer Leadership Program is for highly motivated young adults who are passionate about sport and want to build their coaching and leadership experience.
The Leadership Program involves two stages:
1 – Coaching workshops and volunteer training
- Two National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) workshops: Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and Making Ethical Decisions (MED)
- Training and feedback on job application and interview skills
- Training in coaching strategies, lesson planning, and child care safety
2 – Practical experience coaching and leading Oval Sport Camps alongside Oval Sport Camp Leaders.
- Mentorship by Oval Sport Camp Leaders and NCCP Level 2 Coaches
- Practical experience leading games and activities for children
- Credit for volunteer/work experience hours
- Two high school credits as this is an approved External Credentials Sport Program
- Two-month membership to the Richmond Olympic Oval
- Students must have completed Grade 9 to apply
- Send a cover letter and resume by June 1st, 2017 to email@example.com
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview
Cost of program:
$250 Non-Member $225 Member
- Attend Oval Staff training during the week of June 26-29 in the afternoon/evening. NCCP FMS (date TBA)
- Attend Orientation & NCCP MED (date TBA)
- Provide 35 hours of leadership assistance and coaching during Oval Sport Camps July 4-September 1
- Develop 10 lesson plans to be executed during camps with mentorship from NCCP Level 2 coach
- Complete an exit interview and evaluation with Oval Camp staff