FRUIT & NUT GRANOLA
- 2 Cups Rolled oats, large flake
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ Cup Chopped almonds
- ½ Cup Dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 3000F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or spray with vegetable oil.
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, oil, orange juice, maple syrup, and nuts into a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and place into preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove tray from oven and stir with wooden spoon. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes (depending on desired level of darkness and crispiness).
- Remove from oven and add dried cranberries, stirring together with wooden spoon.
- Once cooled completely, store in airtight container in a dark and dry cupboard. Keeps for 1 month.
Registered Dietitian Tips:
- This granola is incredibly versatile.
- Turn into a balanced meal by adding plain yogurt and fruit.
- Want it sweeter? Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- For an extra protein kick, add more nuts to the recipe or serve as is with Greek style yogurt instead of regular.
- For a quick, on the go snack, carry a small airtight bag of this in your backpack or purse. It’s a great snack for commuting because it’s dry, compact, and won’t spoil.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: ½ cup (125mL)
Total Calories 103
Carbohydrate (g) 17
Total Fat (g) 3.5
Protein (g) 2
Fiber (g) 1.5
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30-35 min
Copyright © FoodMysteries.com, All Rights Reserved. Get More Free Tips at www.FoodMysteries.com