The perfect side dish for any meal! Try serving cold with toasted thinly sliced whole wheat French bread and smoked salmon for an artisan style dinner that’s sure to please the eyes and any house guests.
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced or chopped
- 8 small tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (1 tsp dried)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first eight ingredients in an ovenproof dish. (Keep herb sprigs intact.) Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 30-45 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove herb sprigs.
DO AHEAD: Will keep for 3-4 days refrigerated; this is super delicious cold and improves with a little time.
Nutrition facts; (1 Serving):
Calories: 115 | Fat: 4.0g | Sodium: 30.2mg | Carbohydrates: 17.7 g | Fibre: 6.1g | Sugar: 7.9g | Protein: 3.5g | Iron: 1.0mg | Vitamin A: 52.5 RAE | Vitamin C: 78.2mg | Calcium: 43.3mg
*Based on an average daily intake of 2000 calories. May vary according to ingredient modifications.
Recipe by Clothilde Dusoulier from Adventures in A Parisian Kitchen.