Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about membership at the Oval. If your question isn’t answered below, feel free to contact us directly by phone 778.296.1400 or email email@example.com.
01. How does Oval membership compare to other fitness or sports centre memberships?
Inspirational Environment and Olympic Quality
- The Track Zone has the world’s largest sport court of its kind,
- Equipment that was actually used by the athletes during the Games,
- High performance program leaders of the highest certification,
- World-class spectator sporting events.
Everything about this place is Olympic!
One Membership, Thousands of Activities
- 2 Olympic-sized ice rinks
- 18 badminton courts
- 13 volleyball courts
- 10 basketball courts
- 3 indoor soccer courts
- 16 table tennis tables
- 200m five-lane training track
- 110m five-lane sprint track
- Batting Cage
- 20,000 sq ft Fitness Centre with gorgeous views of the North Shore Mountains
- Largest selection of cardio and strength equipment in the region
- Canada’s only two-wall Kinesis™ Room for developing strength, balance and coordination
- Drop-in fitness classes include: yoga, group fitness, BOSU, hip hop, indoor rowing, and spinning
- Free lockers and individual showers and changing rooms
- Meeting rooms and corporate teamwork packages
- Major event and sport hosting venue
02. How do I become a member?
There are three easy ways to join:
Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 11:00pm,
Weekends and holidays from 7:00am to 10:00pm
Click to sign up online.
Come in person
Visit us at 6111 River Road, Richmond, BC.
You can also book a tour with our Member Care Consultant – click here.
03. How much does a membership cost?
We offer different rates for different types of memberships and age groups. You can view the current rates here.
Please also ask us about our special family rates.
04. Do you offer family rates for memberships?
The Oval is proud to offer special family rates*.
- Family of 2 receives 10% off each of the family member’s membership;
- Family of 3-4 receives 15% off each family member’s membership;
- Family of 5+ receives 20% off each family member’s membership.
*The special family rates are ONLY applicable to ‘monthly continuous’ or ‘annual paid in full’ memberships.
05. Can I place my membership on hold while I am away for one month or longer?
A $10.00 administrative fee for each full or partial month of the hold period must be paid in advance at the time the hold request is submitted, and do not include applicable taxes. Requests for membership holds must be submitted using the form requested by ROO at least 5 business days prior to the proposed start date and must specify the duration of the hold period.
06. Can I cancel my membership?
Members wishing to cancel their membership must submit their cancellation in person at the Facility, at least 5 business days prior to the requested cancellation date. A charge to cover the administration of the membership cancellation must be paid at the time the cancellation request form is submitted.
For all Monthly Continuous memberships, with the exception of Child Memberships, the following cancellation fees apply:
- $150 will be charged for memberships cancelled within twelve (12) months of the initial activation date.
- $75 will be charged for memberships cancelled between twelve (12) – twenty-three (23) months of the initial activation date.
Upon approved payment of the charge, and any remaining unpaid balance on the account, the cancellation will be processed as per the cancellation date stipulated on the form.
A $150 cancellation fee is applicable to Annual Paid in Full Memberships if cancelling within one year. Upon payment of the cancellation fee, any time remaining on the membership will be refunded on a pro-rated basis.
Cancellation fees will only be waived for active memberships of twenty-four (24) consecutive months or longer, including holds, or if the Member provides the Operator written evidence of: (i) a medical condition preventing use of the Facility, or (ii) a change of residence to a location more than 30km from the Facility. This cancellation policy may be amended by the Operator at any time with 30 days notice to the Member.
Any One Month Passes, Ten Visit Passes, or promotional memberships are not eligible for holds, cancellations, refunds or extensions. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone.
07. What are my payment options?
Monthly continuous membership: your monthly dues will be electronically deducted from either your chequing account (the Oval will need a void cheque to activate this payment method) or a credit card account. We accept VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
Annual paid in full membership and other membership types: memberships are paid in advance at the time of registration using debit, credit card or cash.
08. Can my family use my member rates for programs?
As an Oval member, I receive discounts on registered programs. Can I sign up a friend or family member for a program at the member discount price?
Unfortunately no. The “member only rates” is one of the exclusive benefits included in the Oval membership. Only the member can be entitled for the discounts when registering the specialty programs.
09. Does the Oval offer Corporate Membership?
10. Does the Oval offer child minding?
The entire family can be healthy and active at the Oval. The Oval offers a safe, engaging and dynamic child minding environment for children ages 6 weeks to 11 years old. For more information click here.
11. Does the Oval offer free trial passes?
I am interested in Oval Membership, but would like to try out the facility first. Does the Oval offer free trial passes?
To request a free trial pass, please contact Austina Chen, Member Care Consultant at 778.296.1492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Do you offer referral benefits or perks?
I love my Oval Membership and want to encourage others to join. What benefits do I receive if I refer a member to the Oval?
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers great referral programs and appreciates your support. Please ask your friends or family referrals to contact Austina Chen, Member Care Consultant, at 778.296.1492 or email@example.com.
13. Is parking included in the membership?
Yes, parking is included in the Monthly Continuous and Annual Paid in Full membership for those 16 and older with a valid driver’s license.
*Parking is not included for One Month, 10 Visit and drop-in guests