Assistant Coach, Speed Skating
Position Type: Auxiliary
Department: High Performance Sports
Direct Supervisor: Head Coach, Short Track Legacy Program
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Closing Date: March 4, 2018
Number of positions available: 1
The Richmond Olympic Oval is seeking a passionate individual who has a love of speed skating with a sound coaching and instructing background. The successful candidate will support the head coach in the delivery of performance programs.
A day in the life of the Assistant Coach, Speed Skating includes,
- Collaborates with the Head Coach, Short Track on program design and delivery.
- Maintains on-site performance program delivery.
- Supports the development and delivery of programming for PSO and NSO partners
- Supports the objectives of Long Term Athlete Development and Sport for Life
- Provides direction to community programs, guiding club coaches in the ways and means of effective speed skating instruction
- Ensures general program readiness including equipment lists and lesson plans
- Communicates program set-up requirements to sport staff as needed
- Communicates effectively with the Head Coach, Short Track regarding program needs, and improvements
- Builds community ties with the Sport Community
- Supports the growth of speed skating within the Richmond Olympic Oval and the greater community
- Evaluates athlete abilities and is a catalyst for improvement
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Experience delivering high quality, progressive speed skating programming to athletes aged 12yrs+
- Extensive background and knowledge in speed skating and sport instruction
- Qualifications in NCCP, Kinesiology, or other related sport accreditation
- Ability to assess and evaluate athlete’s fundamental movement skills and as well as skating specific skills
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check
- Standard First Aid Certificate
Hours of Work:
- 10 hours per week.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Should you apply to this position, we will ask that you clarify your availability.
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers a dynamic and exciting work culture with a competitive wage rate to the successful candidate. If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!