Strength and Conditioning Coach
Position Type: Auxiliary
Department: High Performance Sports
Direct Supervisor: Head, Strength and Conditioning Coach
Applicant Closing Date: Sunday, December 10
Anticipated Start Date: December 18
Number of positions available: 1
Your core responsibilities include,
- Instruct, educate, provide guidance, and motivate individual athletes, small groups, and sports teams of all ages and abilities.
- Work as part of an integrated team with medical professionals and sport coaches to coordinate the training activities of athletes.
- Work extensively with managers, coaches, and administrative personnel from the Oval’s Centre of Excellence Programs and Community Sport Services.
- Develop, implement and refine programs to enhance the physical abilities of athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Design programs for injury prevention and re-conditioning of injured athletes.
- Perform evaluations, testing and movement screens.
- Consistently communicate with athletes, parents, and coaches
- Assist with maintaining accurate training inventory and control of all supplies and equipment related to High Performance training at the Oval.
- Attend, actively participate in, and present at team meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the overall organization and administration of the High Performance department and training facility.
- Create and deliver both internal and external educational seminars.
- Perform research
- Actively contribute to marketing activities including social media initiatives.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Bachelor’s Degree in human kinetics, kinesiology, physical education, or equivalent sport sciences. Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Current strength and conditioning credentials/certification (i.e. NSCA- CSCS).
- Experience as an athlete.
- 3+ years of strength and conditioning experience working with athletes of all ages and abilities. Experience working with provincial, national, Olympic and/or professional athletes an asset.
- Demonstration of continuing education.
- A thorough technical understanding of a variety of sports.
- Excellent presenting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the following,:
- Leading individuals, small groups, and teams through structured workout.
- Developing and delivering educational workshops and education based marketing initiatives.
- Working as part of an integrated team for the purpose of coordinating and supporting athlete development.
- Planning, preparing, and executing athletic performance enhancement programs.
- Developing training methodology.
- Developing and fostering strategic relationships.
- Working independently and in a team setting
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to develop and foster strong athlete/client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete a successful criminal record check.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 10 hours per week.
- Weekend and early morning / evening availability preferred.
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers a dynamic and exciting work culture with a competitive wage rate to the successful candidate. If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!