Integrated Service Team Seminars
Oval High Performance has built a reputation for providing quality programs and services delivered by knowledgeable coaches, sport scientists and medical practitioners. This reputation is a product of our collaborative approach, track record of developing athletes and our ability to provide comprehensive solutions to challenges faced by many associations and teams.
Oval High Performance Practitioners collaborate as part of a larger integrated support team (IST). We regularly deliver customized educational seminars and hands on practical workshops to local, provincial and national sport organizations. An objective of these sessions is to help provide athletes with the physical foundation, performance mindset, technical sport skills and nutritional knowledge necessary to successfully and seamlessly make the jump to a national team programs whether in the lower mainland or elsewhere in Canada.
After having delivered live workshops and seminars to 1000+ athletes, our local, provincial and national program clients expressed a need for a performance education solution that was accessible, cost effective, customizable and that could be consistently delivered year over year.
Oval High Performance now offers a customizable webinar solution delivered by the same integrated support team that supports Canadian national team athletes and Olympians under the Oval roof. This team consists of industry leading and experienced strength and conditioning coaches, sport dietitians, sport psychologists, sport scientists and allied health professionals who are committed to help maximize an athlete’s or team’s performance in their sport.
Benefits of Oval HP Webinar IST Delivery:
- Cost effective
- Athletes have the option to attend live seminars held at the Richmond Olympic Oval or can watch on their mobile device, tablet, or computer from any location with an internet connection.
- Delivery of consist information to all members helping to ensure all athletes are receiving high quality and current information
- Ability to ask questions during the webinar or to follow up with the presenter after the session.
- All seminars are recorded with a link provided for those who were not able to tune in to the live session.
- The Oval’s team of practitioners can ensure consist and progressive delivery of content year over year.
- Customizable or set topics in area such as strength & conditioning, mental performance, sport nutrition and recovery & regeneration.
The IST seminars are strategically planned in 2 year cycles to provide content that is progressive, and consistent. We recommend all organizations to start with the year 1 curriculum. Content will be customized to take into consideration the unique physiological and mental performance considerations of training and competing in a particular sport.
Year 1 (2016-2017):
- Strength & Conditioning – Training essentials to perform at your best
- Nutrition: 10 fueling considerations to optimize your training and competition performance
- Mental Fitness: Adapting a winning mindset
- The Importance of Sleep: Train harder, recover faster and perform better.
- Under Pressure: Strategies to balance the demands of sport, school and family.
- Mental Performance: Skills for pre-competition
Year 2 (2017-2018):
- Environmental Considerations for Training and Competing
- Nutrition: How to fuel your body to perform
- How to manage multiple sport commitments.
- Mental and Physical burn out? Symptoms, Causes and Recovery strategies.
- Nutrition: Eating on the Road
- Warm Ups, Activation Routines and Recovery drills
|Annual Package (4 Sessions)||3 Seminar Package||2 Seminar Package||Single Seminar|
All seminars will be live and recorded, a copy of the seminar will be available for those who could not make the live session. Athletes must be registered with a participating organization. Each Seminar can host up to 100 participants from your organization and additional topics can be requested at a discounted single seminar rate.
Contact us for seminar dates and times.
If there is a specific topic or issue that your organization is facing and would like our team to provide you with the resources, tools and solutions, please email Justine at email@example.com. Any additional topics may be requested at the single session rate.
Meet our Team
Angel Luk, Registered Dietician
Matt Fisher, Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
Guest Speaker: Pat Bryne, Melina Kurtakis