Share Your Passion for Sport!
Volunteer opportunities with the ROX are designed for the community and sport enthusiasts who wish to inspire others in the pursuit of their dreams and highest achievements. Volunteers serve as exhibit guides and story tellers, trained to relay in an exciting and meaningful way, the inspiring story of the Olympic and Paralympic Games and the history of sport in Richmond.
- Providing world-class customer service to visitors from around the globe.
- Assisting visitors with the operation of interactive challenges and sport simulators.
- Guiding students through our EDUCATION ROX school program.
- Sharing your passion for sport, community and the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable speaking to groups.
- Experience in leading groups of children and youth.
- Willing to learn detailed information about the ROX artefacts and exhibits.
- Ability to communicate to a diverse audience, including children, adults and seniors of all nationalities and educational backgrounds.
- Motivated to learning more about related content outside of training materials.
- Minimum 100 hour commitment to the program.
- Commitment to volunteering one (1), four-hour shift per week.
- Maintain a consistent, seasonal shift schedule.
- Complete the ROX Volunteer training program.
- Completion of a criminal record check.
- Learning new skills, sharing expertise and discovering new talent.
- Access to the Oval drop-in programs and Fitness Centre.
- Involvement in special programs and activities.
- Reference letters may be available upon request.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY:
Please contact Alex Tse at 604 219 4632 or email@example.com.