The Richmond Olympic Oval (‘the Oval’ or ‘the ROO’) was incorporated on July 1, 2008. The Oval was established as a municipal corporation by the City of Richmond and charged with the responsibility to provide effective operations and implement and support a variety of health, sport, wellness and fitness services to the community:
- To provide facilities, programs and services for quality sport, fitness, recreational uses and wellness services for the Richmond community, neighbouring communities and the general public;
- To provide facilities for community, cultural and entertainment events;
- To be developed, used and promoted as a training and competition facility for high performance sport; and
- To provide ancillary commercial, retail, health and wellness services to enhance its use in respect of the activities set out above.
Corporate Management Team
The Corporate Management Team (CMT) provides efficient oversight and guidance of the primary functions and responsibilities delegated to the Richmond Olympic Oval Management Team. CMT ensures the mandate given to the Richmond Olympic Oval by its shareholder, the City of Richmond, is fulfilled. CMT consists of George Duncan, Serena Lusk and Joe Erceg from the City of Richmond and Gerry De Cicco and Shana Turner from the Richmond Olympic Oval, who provide guidance and direction to the Oval’s management team.
- George Duncan, Chief Executive Officer
- Serena Lusk, General Manager Community Services, City of Richmond
- Joe Erceg, General Manager Planning and Development, City of Richmond
- Gerry De Cicco, General Manager Oval Experiences and Venue Operations
- Shana Turner, General Manager Business Development and Admin
Oval Management Team
The Oval’s Management Team provides efficient oversight in the day to day management of the primary functions and responsibilities delegated to the Richmond Olympic Oval. The Oval’s Management team monitors operational performance and makes day to day decisions regarding Oval services and operations. The Oval’s management team consists of Gerry De Cicco, Shana Turner, and:
- Rick Dusanj, Manager Finance and Administration
- Andrew Clark, Manager Oval Experiences