Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment. We are excited to be recruiting for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Junior Accountant to join our team.
The Junior Accountant will support the accurate and timely operation of the finance and accounting function by performing a variety of day-to-day and period-end accounting tasks that ensure accurate, timely, relevant and reliable financial information and reporting. This individual will be highly driven with a proven track record of working both independently and in a team environment, in addition to demonstrating strong initiative, communication and organization skills.
• Responsible for Purchase Order issuance, and approval procedures
• Assist in inputting and processing payroll including issuing ROE’s as required
• Responsible for the Accounts Receivable function including the billing and analysis of agreements (e.g. rental contracts, leases, memberships, etc.)
• Petty cash custodian and performance of periodic reconciliations
• Perform period end closing procedures including month end journal entries
• Assist with monthly reconciliations including bank and balance sheet/income statement accounts
• Preparing expense reports and reconciling Visa statements
• Assist with the tracking of the progress of approved annual capital budget and projects
• Compiling data for annual reporting of remuneration and expenses
• Completion of accurate and timely government/pension/statutory remittances
• Preparation of internal and external audit working papers
• Performing financial analysis as required with respect to financial statements and budgets
• Assist with the preparation of various reports as required
• Support the Finance team in other responsibilities and projects as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably major in Accounting or Finance
• 1+ years of full cycle accounting experience
• Must be working towards obtaining an accounting designation (i.e. CPA)
• Advance level in Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Working knowledge of Sage Accpac ERP software an asset
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to multi-task and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines
• Able to work with minimal supervision as well as work in a team
• Team-player, self-motivated and adaptive to change
• Well organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to apply sound accounting and professional knowledge/judgment to all tasks and assignments
• Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check
• Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, access to Metro Vancouver’s tallest climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and more.
• Collaborative team environment
• Staff discounts for you, your friends and family
• Extended Health, Dental and Health Spending Account
• Professional Development
• Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
Salary Range: $51,287 – $64,109 – Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!