Information for Parents
We hope you find this page to be a useful tool in helping you and your child prepare for our sport camp experience.
Leaders and Instructors
Oval sport camp leaders and instructors make a significant difference to your child’s Camp experience. Chosen for their strong personal character, and capacity to effectively communicate to youth, our staff emphasize teamwork and encourage positive values of sport. All sport camp leaders complete a week-long training orientation to complement their existing experience.
Holding the health and safety of our participants in the highest regard, our staff takes responsibility in determining the safety condition of all playing areas prior to commencing activity.
Richmond Olympic Oval sport camp leaders are certified in First Aid and are committed to providing a safe camp experience for your child. During our training sessions emergency procedures are reviewed thoroughly.
Medical and Safety Information
If a participant is sick and contagious, please be respectful of other participants and keep germs away! It is the responsibility of the participant, or a guardian of, to notify the Richmond Oval (778-296-1400) if their child is going to be absent for any portion of their camp.
If a participant requires medication to be taken during the time camp is in session, the parent or guarding is responsible for notifying Richmond Oval. Medication must be stored securely and in a location known to camp staff. Under no circumstances will the Richmond Oval camp staff be responsible for administering medication to participants.
Medical Conditions and Allergies
If a participant has a current medical condition, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to indicate so on the program registration form. Medical information will be communicated to camp leaders helping to assist in determining the severity of any potential medical emergencies.
Accidents and emergencies
In the event of a medical emergency during a sport camp, appropriate steps to respond to the emergency will be taken (i.e. calling 911). The participant’s guardian and/or designated emergency contacts will be contacted as soon as possible by camp staff.
Coming to Camps
Where to meet
The sport camp greeting area is on the second floor of the Oval.
Sign in/sign out procedures
All participants must be signed in and out of camp by an identified authorized individual only. If you are arranging for persons who are not on your authorized list to pick up your child from camp, you must send a written permission slip and notify camp staff.
Signed consent is needed on the registration form for any participant who does not require a guardian to sign them out.
What to Bring
All participants should be prepared to bring:
- Comfortable, active clothing for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Indoor running shoes with non-marking soles are required for all camps. Sandals and flip flops are NOT a good option for footwear.
- A healthy, peanut free lunch. Please help us keep the camps as nut-free as possible by choosing lunch and snack products that do not contain nuts. Participants will not have access to refrigerators or microwaves. Along with a hearty lunch, snacks should be brought for mid morning and mid afternoon.
- Individual labeled water bottles.
- Gym bag/backpack to carry and keep track of belongings. Please label all items with first and last names.
* The Oval is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items left behind will go in the Oval’s lost and found collection located at the front desk.
Please Do NOT Bring:
- Electronic equipment, radios, iPods, hand held games etc.
- Extra money
- Unregistered friends/family
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to provide complete and accurate registration information.
Program Fee Information
If you are interested in a camp that has already reached its registration capacity, please ask to be placed on the wait list. You will be contacted if a registration slot becomes available or if there is enough interest to open another camp. No payment is required to be place on a waiting list.
Cancellation and Refunds
- All Winter Break Camps are non-refundable or transferrable after December 1.
- All Spring Break Camps are non-refundable or transferrable after March 1.
- All July Summer Sport Camps are non-refundable or transferrable after June 1.
- All August Summer Sport Camps are non-refundable or transferrable after July 1.
Requests for a refund or transfer after these dates are the discretion of the Camp Programmer and are subject to an administration fee of $25.
Summer Camp Early Bird Discount: Register ONLINE before April 30th and receive 15% off. Discount is not applied to Camp Combos, Supervision or Camp Packages.
Oval Member Discount: Receive 10% off Oval Summer Sport Camps. Summer Sport Camp participant must be a Monthly Continuous or Annual Paid in Full member.
To contact your child during camp please call the front desk:
To contact the Camp Programmer: