Black Bean Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Corn not in season? Substitute with canned corn kernels. Use ¾ cup per 1 ear of fresh corn as a rule of thumb.
This recipe serves well as a side dish, but can be turned into a full sized meal if served with cooked quinoa or another whole grain of your choice.
You can even fill it into a whole grain pita or wrap for a quick grab and go lunch.
- 15oz Can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Fresh Corn cob, boiled, kernels removed
- 1 Fresh Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Shallots, minced
- 1 Tsp Salt optional Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tsp Lime zest
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Combine prepared black beans, corn, red pepper, garlic, and shallots
- For the dressing, combine salt, cayenne, olive oil, lime zest and juice. Pour over the black bean mixture and stir. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge, dice the avocado and mix into salad. Garnish with more cilantro if desired.
Nutrition facts; (Servings: 3 Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe):
Calories 440 Carbohydrate 38 grams Total Fat 29 grams Protein 11.6 grams Fiber 16 grams
Prep Time:10-15 minutes
Cook Time:Chill time
Get More Free Tips at www.FoodMysteries.com