Greek Yogurt Pancakes
As you may have heard…”Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. Although this isn’t necessarily true (all meals are equally important!), breakfast is still essential to get your day started off right. Because this recipe doesn’t have any added sugar, these pancakes are not too sweet. Adding fresh fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup, or some cinnamon & brown sugar are all ways to make them a bit sweeter if desired.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp milk or to desired thickness
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Oil for frying pan
- Whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, Greek yogurt and milk.
- Stir 1 tsp baking powder into the flour then add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan. Once oil is hot, spoon pancake batter and cook for ~2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Nutrition facts; Per pancake (recipe makes about 10):
Calories: 71 | Fat: 3 g | Carb: 8 g | Fibre: 1 g| Protein: 4 g
Author: Stephanie Dang, BSc, RD