Oval High Performance Sports
- Develop athletes with the physical foundation and technical sport skills to succeed in their chosen sport
- Provide the tools to foster a performance mindset and nutritional knowledge required to achieve at their highest potential
A Long Term, Collaborative Approach to training and
Long Term Athlete Development
Oval HP takes a long term approach to athlete development knowing that the preparation for most athletes begins 5-8 years out from an Olympic games. Our vision and approach to servicing developing and the next generation of athletes is shared by the national sport organizations, Canadian Sport Institutes and Own the Podium.
The Oval’s approach to programming is based on a desire to make an Oval trained and serviced athlete’s graduation to a national team program seamless. To achieve this, Oval High Performance offers to local, provincial and national team athletes a suite of programs and services commonly only available to elite Canadian athletes and teams. The Oval continuously works to create the optimal Daily Training Environment (DTE) for all athletes. This includes the integration of technical coaching, sport science, sport medicine, analysis, recovery, equipment and facilities.
Welcome Back to Oval High Performance
In order to best serve your needs while ensuring we are meeting and exceeding health and safety protocols, we have modified our programming to achieve reduced capacity, spaced out fitness equipment and relocated group fitness classes to the 18,580 square metre activity level to create plenty of safe space to move. Visit Richmondoval.ca for more details on restoration of services and how we are ensuring the health and safety of our members, users, staff and community members.
Oval High Performance has also implemented a number of health and safety components specific to our training partner needs including but not limited to:
- Return to Sport Plans
- Limited and varied capacity in programs based on sport/activity type
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing
- Social Distancing measures including designated training stations with 2m between
- Mandatory masks for coaches and all customer facing staff