We are excited to announce that on July 2, we will be welcoming you back to the Richmond Olympic Oval!
From the beginning of this global pandemic, we’ve stayed committed to preserving the safety of our customers, our employees and our community. This means leading with great care and transparency and basing our actions on the advice of British Columbia’s public health experts, Vancouver Coastal Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control. As we begin this phased approach to resuming programs and services on July 2nd, we have taken steps to revise the customer experience in a manner that will limit contact and promote physical distancing and enhanced hygiene.
Here are some changes you can expect to see when we reopen our doors:
- Revised Hours of Operation – operating hours have been developed to accommodate our customers’ schedules while also allowing for increased cleaning protocols.
- Reconfiguration of Activities – The location of each activity has been reconfigured to the open-air spaces in the facility to increase physical distancing capabilities.
- Advance Bookings Only – A prescribed set of activities will be permitted at the facility. Capacity for each activity has been reduced to allow for physical distancing. Please arrive dressed for your activity 15 minutes prior to the start time. To begin, only one activity registration will be permitted per day.
- Fees – We are pleased to provide members the option to reactivate their membership, pay a drop-in fee of $12.00 for all activities exclusive of climbing or $15.00 for climbing, or keep their membership suspended for the interim.
- Cleaning and Sanitization – We have increased the frequency of our cleaning services. In accordance with the guidelines set forth by the province, participants will be directed to clean equipment before and after use. As well, all sessions will be followed by another cleaning of equipment and high touch areas by staff. Additionally, hand sanitizer dispensers and portable sinks will be placed throughout the building, with particular attention given to entry and exit points.
- Enhanced Wayfinding and Signage – Directional and hygiene signage will be prominently displayed throughout the building and markers will help you identify your personal exercise space.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Service desks will be outfitted with plexiglass barriers. As an added measure, staff will be equipped with the appropriate PPE based on their role and responsibility. PPE is optional for guests.
- Heightened Screening and Security Protocols – Staff will be onsite to provide assistance and ensure that capacity allowances and prescribed activities are strictly adhered to. We kindly ask that you stay home if you are experiencing even the mildest cold and or flu symptoms.
In the upcoming days, we will provide additional communications including the schedule of activities with links for registration and specifics on how customers can make the most of their visit. Please note our call centre will be closed until Monday. We are happy to answer your questions upon our return Monday and Tuesday, 9:00am to 5:00pm at 778.296.1400. In the meantime, stay well, stay safe.
Hours of Operation
- 8:00am – 4:00pm (Tues/Thurs/Sat)
- 12:00pm – 8:00pm (Weds/Fri)
Terms and Conditions:
- Admission fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Drop-in fee gives guests admission to one activity and or pod per day. Multiple activities within a single day will not be permitted.
- Duration of booking is dependent on the activity chosen.